My history project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My history project

Post by Hunt3r on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 7:24 am

This is a project i was working for some time. I will participate at some contests with it. The narration i made is in romanian ofc, but it's still worth watching.
Please rate, comment aso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMENS49JjVA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My history project

Post by TNaismith on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 7:49 am

I couldn't understand the narration (since I don't have any Romanian background), but I really like the beginning narration, combined with the tapestry pictures. That seemed pretty pro to have narration going along with actual moving images. One thing I would like to comment on is the 'transitions' you used between the pictures during the middle section of the video. I've gone to a one-week bootcamp for film school, and I learned there that if you want to make videos that look pretty nice and not too 'corny', one simple trick is not to use the fancy transitions. For example, instead of using fancy zigzag transitions, or transitions that flip the picture around or make it wobble, the most simple and effective transitions are 'fade in', 'fade out'. Or simply to have no transitions at all. Television stations use it, documentaries, cartoons, movies...they all use simple techniques like that to make it look 'clean' and 'smooth' looking.

Of course, that's just me. It's sort of interesting, once you see certain transitions in videos, you can tell whether it was made with Windows Movie Maker or something else. ^^

Criticism aside, that was a really nice video. If I could understand it, I'm pretty sure it would have been showed a lot of work and effort into making it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunt3r on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 8:02 am

Thx for critics TN Smile
Thats true, i kinda exagerated with transitions a bit. And i will try to translate the narration.
I used windows movie maker and cyberlink power director Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Shootyperson on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 8:31 am

Very nice Smile
My history teacher made the same but this one pwns her's Very Happy
Adam Shootyperson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content